Monday, December 29, 2014

Refresh yourself for 2015!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Happy Monday-after-the-holidays y'all!

Back to the grind, at least for me. I'm totally jealous of any of y'all that have the between Christmas and New Year's week off from work!

 So if any of you are like me, you've probably had MORE than your share of treats and goodies over the Christmas holiday - and probably most of the month leading up to it, too!

While I firmly believe that the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays are meant to be shared with loved ones and not worrying about how many calories are in that pie, or how many cookies I've already eaten today, or when is it too much eggnog - I also believe that just because you have a cheat day or 2 (or 7) does NOT mean that you should throw in the towel on getting back into your healthy eating habits and stay on the path of high calorie, overly processed foods either!

Now I know this is easier said than done - I myself have fallen a bit off the healthy wagon recently. Seems like it's just TOO easy for one cookie to turn into 3, and a few spoonfuls of ice cream to turn into a whole bowl...it's so hard to stop once you succumb to all those goodies, especially if you've been trying to avoid them!

I did get myself back onto my beloved keto wagon a couple of weeks before Christmas, and I was feeling so great! I'd lost about 5 lbs by Christmas, but then I got a ton of chocolate-covered cherries, petit fours and other goodies from Santa....and I just couldn't say no! It was all so delicious but made me feel SO sick, sluggish, and bloated. NOT worth it.

So needless to say, I'm getting myself prepared to start 2015 with a clean slate, free of junk food, sugar and carbs! I'm participating in a new challenge group starting January 5th, and I'm also kicking everything off with the 3 Day Refresh again!



I did the 3 Day Refresh for the first time about 2 months ago, in October - you can read about my experience, results and overall thoughts on it here. I really enjoyed it (although I missed steaks haha), so I'm excited to go through it again and see how my results differ this time!

I'd love to have some accountability buddies join me in this and for my January 5th challenge group as well! If you're interested in trying out the 3 Day Refresh, you can pick it up here. If you have questions either about the 3 Day Refresh or the challenge group, leave me a comment below and I'll be sure to get back to you ASAP, or find me on Facebook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment