Tuesday, December 16, 2014

ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit 2

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I am LOVING this workout program so far!! And I can definitely say that I like this circuit workout better than Burn Circuit 1 - a lot less awkward/weird movements!!

This circuit workout is about the same length as Burn Circuit 1 - under 40 minutes which is great for those of us who don't like to spend HOURS working out :)


Here's a breakdown of the exercises"

*Sumo squat with bicep curls - I think this one is my favorite!! I love that burn from doing squats, and I like working my puny lil arms :)

*Single lunge with tricep extension - This one worked my triceps so good! Remember to use a heavy weight but not so heavy that you can't use proper form!

*Deadlift with row - Another favorite! I really love deadlifts - I don't feel like I'm really getting much of a workout at the time, but the next day, PHEW! My hammies are killing me 2 days after doing this exercise!

*Sumo squat with overhead tricep extension - More sumo squats!! By this point, my legs were jelly! But no pain, no gain, right??

*Deadlift with reverse grip row - More deadlifts too! I liked the reverse grip rows, something I usually don't do but I could definitely feel them working a different part of my back and arms.

*Bowler's lunge with single arm row - this one was a little awkward, but that might just be because I don't have great balance! Also, a bowler's lunge is just another name for a curtsy lunge! All these lunges and squats are going to build me a nice booty haha :)

*Bicep curls with leg raise to the side - this exercise was hard, again probably because my balance stinks! Using the resistance band around my legs definitely upped the difficulty on this one! After this set of exercises, you also do an EXTREME breakdown set of bicep curls for 3 reps - doing those reps so slowly really makes your arms burn!! I love it :)

*Lunge with double row - I felt like this was slightly awkward also, but not too bad.  After this set of exercises, you also do an EXTREME breakdown set of rows for 3 reps - feel that working in your back!!

*Triple Threat pushups - and for the last exercise, lots of pushups! These are sets of 3 different types of pushups: tricep pushups, where you keep your elbows close to the body, regular/standard pushups, and then with wide set feet. After this set of exercises, you also do an EXTREME breakdown set of tricep pushups for 3 reps - these were TOUGH but I can feel my arms getting stronger!!


Safe to say that so far I am LOVING this program - it's only been 2 workouts but I already FEEL more toned and less jiggly, if that makes sense. I can't wait to see what my body can do and how strong I'll be at the end!!

Next up is Burn Intervals and Ab Burner...stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment